Saturday, October 2, 2010

Discovery Bay



          Two weeks ago we went to Discovery Bay.  It is a very nice area of Hong Kong.  People say it's like California, because there is a beach, they have neat restaurants, where you can eat on the patio, lots of people have dogs, it's very westernized, and tons of expats live there.  We went because Salome and Michelle were part of an arts and crafts fair.  I got some great earrings and a little owl magnet, that they made.  After the fair, we ate at Subway, YUM!!, and then went to the beach.  Blair said he wants to move to Discovery Bay, but I didn't move to HK to separate myself from this lovely culture.  I like living in a more local area, where I can really get some stares while I walk to and from work.  It's fun being a part of the community.  Of course, I do enjoy visiting places that remind me of home.


 
Tim and Rebecca also teach at ICS, Tim lives out here.


No comments:

Post a Comment