We had a another date with our baby yesterday. There is nothing more exciting than seeing the ultrasound each month. The image of our baby popped up right away. Baby Phillips has doubled in size since last month and seems to be measuring a bit big, so either I'm more than 16 weeks or I need to lay off the sweets! We saw the baby kicking and moving all around. Just as we zoomed in on the face, the baby waved at us. Seriously, it raised it's little hand and moved it side to side. Then we looked at the leg area, and for the second time the doctor said he could tell the gender. He's dying to tell us, but we're holding out. Brooke gave us a great idea, to get the doctor to seal his or her gender in an envelope and wait until the baby is born to open it. Our doctor wrote the result in Chinese, that way if we have a moment of weakness, we still won't know the answer. Later on, we'll put it in the baby book.
The belly has definitely emerged and can't be sucked in anymore. My pants are becoming a little less comfy. I have gained a total of 7 pounds. In an eating contest, I would beat Blair hands down.
 |
| the baby's back |
 |
| hands and feet |
 |
| in a ball |
 |
| Bumpalicious |
I can't believe how big that baby is getting! So exciting!!! You guys are so strong for holding out on finding out the sex...I'd have given in long ago. What a fun surprise it's going to be! So excited for you!
ReplyDeleteYou are still so tiny!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I LOVE that he wrote it in Chinese! Y'all are going to have so much fun... Seven pounds is nothing! Sounds like you are doing awesome to me. Keep taking good care of yourself and that sweet baby!
ReplyDelete~Brooke
What a beautiful little baby! How exciting. Are you not finding out what you are having?
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to show Emily your pictures! She is so excited for you!!
ReplyDeleteYou are the cutest little pregnant thing I've ever seen. :) I can't believe that big baby is hiding behind that little bump! And 7 pounds? That is nothing really. I am so excited for you two! I can't wait to see you and meet your bundle of joy! Love, Nicole
ReplyDeleteYay!! So excited for you both!! OK, so I'm going to guess here and I am guessing BOY! Emelie sends all her love!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are doing great. EAT WELL every meal, it's so important. Dad and I love to read your blog and see your photos. I can't wait for you to feel the baby move, and I'm thinking in a few weeks you are going to be amazed at the changes you will experience. Love you, Mom
ReplyDeleteI vote boy, Dad will go with boy, also
ReplyDeleteWahooo!! Thanks for keeping us updated! Heather, you are glowing! I asked Miles...
ReplyDeleteDo you think it is a boy?
He shook his head, No
Then, I asked him if he thought the baby was a girl and he shook his head, No
Then, he looked at me and said boy!
He's hoping for a playmate to get dirty with!
Keep posting pictures!!
Love and Miss You!!
xoxoxoxo