Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Riding on the MTR

        Aboard the MTR, Hong Kong's subway, you never know what you might find.  A few things you can count on, wall to wall people, sweating, body odor, many passengers asleep, and folks staring at you like you're an alien, at least in my case.  Other things are more rare, but do occur, like people trimming their fingernails (toenails if you're lucky).  That just grosses me out.  Today I sat next to a lady clipping her nails,while the couple across from me was totally passed out.
Look closely to see the nail clippers.

Don't mind us.
I hope the flash from my camera didn't wake you.

The crowds are worse closer to HK island, but where we live it's not so bad.

3 comments:

  1. I learned quickly when to avoid riding the MTR, and I've only been here a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up, Heather... Do you think people stare because of the way you look or because you are taking pictures of them?!?!? (Keep it up...it's hilarious!) This makes me miss you!

    ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete