Wednesday, October 27, 2010

18 Weeks Update- I felt the baby move!

     For awhile, I was so unsure whether I could really feel the baby moving.  I just assumed it was gas digestion.  Around a week ago, the feeling became more consistent.  Every night around 8 or 9 pm I would start to feel alot of activity in my tummy.  After 4 days I started to believe it was actually the baby.  Even Blair could feel it.  He was so excited and amazed.  At first it felt like very subtle movement, but now I can tell the difference between the baby kicking or rolling over.  I notice it whenever I lay down.  It's the most reassuring feeling.  I hear it gets way more pronounced.  I think I may really freak out when I can see the outline of a foot in my stomach.  God is so incredible to give Blair and I this experience.  I feel very blessed to have an active little baby inside me.
     In November, we have two dates to see our little one.  We have our Week 20 appt. on Nov. 3rd and then the fetal scan is Nov. 13th.  They will do an ultrasound for both, but during the fetal scan they will take a really close look at the baby's brain, heart, hands, feet, and all the other body parts.  Blair thinks we might catch a glimpse of the gender, if the doctor lingers too long in that vicinity.
    Belly update:  it's very frustrating getting dressed for work.  Maternity clothes are too big and my old clothes are too small.  Everyday someone tells me "You're getting bigger!"  I don't know how to reply "Ummm, thanks?!"   I just don't think that's easy to hear, even if you're pregnant. Now that the weather is getting cooler, I have no idea what to wear.  It sure does make for some creative outfits with lots of rigging your pants to fit.  I'll post pics next week.  
Your prayers mean the world to me!!

2 comments:

  1. Wear dresses. That is what I'm doing! Can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!! Thanks for the updates! Miss you so much!!

    ReplyDelete