Carter sleeps 11-12 hours at night and take 2 naps that last around 1 1/2 hours each on a good day. He weighs around 21 lbs.
Friday, January 27, 2012
10 Months Old
At 10 months old, Carter is growing like a weed. He's finally crawling and I'm glad he waited so long to start. He's always into something. We've got 7 weeks until his first birthday and I think he may be walking by then. Party plans are already in the works. Top secret theme, to be announced. Carter has started saying babbling alot more, the g sound is really cute. He learned to clap, but only occasionally. If I ask "Can I have some?" he'll give me whatever he's holding. It's so cute to see him sharing. I never had to say "No" to Carter until now, and boy do I ever say it now. He's constantly getting into dangerous situations, even with our baby proofing attempts. He's trying to pull the TV down, swallow inedible objects, dive off of furniture, climb up the bookshelf, and throw dishes from the table. It takes a village to keep this guy safe and we don't always succeed. Three days ago, he fell off the bed and hit his head on our tile floor. Please don't judge. I was on the bed with him and turned my back for a few seconds, then I heard a loud thud. He got a huge goose-egg, followed by a nasty bruise. He cried for 10 minutes and then acted completely fine. I called my mom and she made me feel better. Of course, I feel like the worst mom in the whole world. My poor little baby! We've tightened up security around this house.
Carter's been eating more finger foods and some things straight from our plate. He's got 6 chompers that make eating much easier. He loves everything we give him, spaghetti, toast, pancakes, eggs, cottage cheese, wheatabix, fish, beef, chicken, to name a few. I nurse him 4 times a day. Starting next month I will begin dropping feedings until he's totally off the boob. I have mixed emotions about stopping, but I know he's ready to become more independent and so am I! The thought of being able to go somewhere alone for more than 4 hours is exciting. Lord knows I need to go shopping for some news clothes and a non-nursing bra. My biggest fear is not burning those calories from nursing and continuing to eat like a burly truck driver. I hope my appetite returns to normal.
Carter's new best friend is our dog, Asia. They even have a secret language
that consists of high pitched squeals and growls. Carter shares his food with her
and now she waits patiently under his highchair. Yesterday he dropped
scrambled eggs on Asia's head and bits of a pancake. Occasionally Asia
will give a little growl when Carter lovingly pulls her tail or pats on
her like a drum set. I think they are so cute together and I'm glad Asia has a friend.
Carter sleeps 11-12 hours at night and take 2 naps that last around 1 1/2 hours each on a good day. He weighs around 21 lbs.
Carter sleeps 11-12 hours at night and take 2 naps that last around 1 1/2 hours each on a good day. He weighs around 21 lbs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I never truly knew what a goose-egg was until Nolan got one a few months ago. You are not alone--accidents happen! Nolan tripped and fell and hit his head on the corner of a dresser drawer that was not fully closed. Busy boys!!! Carter is such a cutie--love his smile!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that I'm not alone! Thanks Erin. I hope you're doing well.
DeleteHow can Carter already be 10 months old??? It just doesn't seem possible! He is adorable, and I love that his personality comes through your pictures. I guess with parents as fun as you and Blair, it's kinda inevitable. : )
ReplyDeleteAccidents happen! Get Jas to tell you about the time when LK was a little younger than Carter, and the heavy leather chair he was sitting in somehow bounced and came down on LK's finger when she was reaching for a toy under the chair. (Totally freak accident...) Short story is that she was fine, but the xray order from the doctor cited a "crushed finger," and Jason has been emotionally scarred ever since. LK had forgotten it the next day. God makes them tough!
Miss you!
~Brooke