Monday, January 23, 2012

The Safety Zone

   Lately Carter has been running us ragged and he's not even walking yet.  Now that he's an expert crawler and cruiser, nowhere is safe.  I pulled a muscle in my back, while trying to put him in his newly lowered crib and Blair has chronic back pain, so chasing after him has made life a bit more challenging.  Carter LOVES the space heater, he even gave it a hug (while it was turned off).  Another favorite is spilling Asia's food bowl all over the floor.  He actually laughs at me as he crawls towards a no touch object and I'm yelling "Carter, NO!"  Today we searched online for a baby fence.  After seeing they were over $200, Blair created his own "safety zone". 
       2 minutes later...............
          Not seen on the video, Carter also knocked over the trash can, which spilled coffee grinds everywhere.  Then I created a new and improved "safety zone", minus the chairs and trash can.
Notice the hot water bottle for old lady Phillips.



  He has yet to break out of this steel trap.  It's nice to have at least one safe area, so I can do a few things without him getting in trouble.  Also independent playtime is important for mommy blog time building creativity and imagination.  I feel like I can breathe a great big sigh of relief.  I'll leave you with various crawling pictures.






No comments:

Post a Comment