Monday, January 30, 2012

the tiny American


    I meant to show Carter's passport when I got it 9 months ago, but I didn't want someone to steal his identity.  I just got around to cropping it.  Hilarious story behind that photo.  Carter was only a few weeks old and he had to sit up for the picture, which he couldn't do at all, and have his eyes open.  The nice lady at Fotomax helped me sit him on a box, while I squatted down and held him up by two fingers pinching his neck so I couldn't be seen.  He kept falling asleep, like newborns do, and the lady took about 6 shots before we got this one.  In one shot you could see my fingers by his neck.  It's the most precious passport I've ever seen.  Even though Carter was born here in Hong Kong, he is only an American citizen.  Hong Kong doesn't give him citizenship automatically unless he had Chinese parents or if he lives in HK for seven years or more.  Too bad, I thought it would be cool for him to have dual citizenship. So far Carter's been to Canada and Korea (in my belly) and actually seen the U.S. and Hong Kong.

1 comment: