 |
| Now |
 |
| Then |
My sweet boy is 4 months now, and it has certainly flown by. Last month was the most exciting in his development so far. Carter learned to laugh which was the sweetest sound I've ever heard. 3 months was such a cute age. He became much more alert and responsive to people. If you talk to him, he will usually give you a great big smile. He has learned to hold his head up very straight and bat at toys. For some reason, his tongue has been hanging out all the time. It's pretty funny. He loves to grab stuff and put it straight in his mouth. He will try to pull your finger to his mouth and gnaw on it, if you let him. He'll probably cut a tooth soon. We'd been working on rolling over and yesterday he finally did it. Sadly, I had to return to work and missed this little milestone. I guess it's the first of many things I'll miss. Thankfully, I'm doing ok at work and I think I'll be able to adjust soon. It just makes my time with Carter more precious and special. When I'm home, he'll stare at me forever and smile so sweetly. I'm just thankful for the 5 months I had off for maternity leave. What a blessing it was to spend everyday with Carter and see him go through so many changes. I'm also thankful for spending the summer with my family. The grandparents spoiled Carter rotten. It was really neat to watch Carter get to know and fall in love with his extended family. Talk about tears, saying good-bye just about killed me. It's much harder now that we have a baby. I felt guilty taking Carter away from his family. When I told my parents bye, I was crying, then I looked down to see Carter staring up at me with the biggest smile on his face and I couldn't cry anymore.
 |
| That little tongue won't go back in. |
He did an amazing job traveling back to Hong Kong. It only took him 3 days to get back on schedule. I've moved him to a 4 hour cycle now, which means 3 naps a day and 4-5 feedings. I'm very reluctant to give up any naps, it's the only time to get things done. He has responded really well to his new schedule. His 4 month check-up is next week, I'm guessing he's about 17 pounds.
I love the picture of Carter in his little boxers!!!! They look ADORABLE! I can't imagine how hard it was to leave your family, but I can totally relate to how hard it is to go back to work. You're right, though, about it making the time you do have even more precious. Keep the blog posts and pictures coming! Miss y'all!
ReplyDelete~Brooke
Loved reading the new post! I can't get over how fast he is growing and how stinkin' cute he is!
ReplyDeleteI dread going back to work and I don't have a baby to leave at home so I can't imagine what its like for you! Hang in there.
Miss you guys!
So cute! I love your new photo at the top of the blog. BEAUTIFUL!!!
ReplyDelete