Saturday, July 2, 2011

Favorites

Favorites while Carter sleeps:
The way he fusses until I get his blanket tightly swaddled and his paci in his mouth, then he quietly surrenders to nap time. 
The way he manages to shimmy one arm out of his blanket, almost every time.
The way he keeps sucking on his paci even when he looks totally asleep.
The way one arm shoots up and then the other, when I unswaddle him and then he stretches forever.
The way he looks at me after he stretches and a smile slowly spreads across his face.

Favorites while he eats:
The way he open and closes his hand while he eats.
The way he starts sucking on my shoulder if I wait too long to feed him.
The way he tickles my tummy with his sharp little claws, when I don't clip his nails.
The way his tummy gets really tight when he's done eating, like a little tick.
The way he'll smile at me while he's nursing.
The way he flails his arms and legs like he's in a rodeo.
The way he grunts and throws a fit when he can't get out from under my nursing cover.

Favorites while he plays:
The way his left leg moves in circles and kicks faster than his right leg when he's in his bouncy chair.
The way he squeals with delight while he bounces.
The way he sings along when I sing "Itsy Bitsy Spider" with squeals at end of every phrase.
The way his eyes dart from one thing to the next and I can tell he's really thinking.
The way he moves his head in a jerky motion and finally focuses on my face.
The way he loves to watch the fan and tries to fix his eyes on the TV, even though I don't let him.
The way he's always has a slight milky aroma (spit up).
The way his sticky little hands collect all the fuzz from his new clothes and blankets.
The way he blows bubbles and makes funny spitting noises.
The way his laugh becomes contagious.
The way his lip sticks out, then slowly turns into a frown,  next his face turns red and finally a high pitched cry works it way out when he's had too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment