Sunday, March 18, 2012
Carterpillar's 1st Birthday Party
One of my favorite children's books of all time is The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle. We decided to use the book as our theme for Carter's 1st Birthday because he loves the book, too. As Blair was making the invitations we realized that we could add an "R" and make it Carterpillar, which was just perfect. We had the party a week before his real birthday because I have parent conferences next weekend. After 2 months of dreary weather, the sun finally came out for Carter's special day. All our friends showed up to help us celebrate. Carter took a nap before the party and when I brought him in the living room, he started to cry because he was so confused why there were so many people there. The rest of the day was full of smiles and excitement. I was surprised to see Carter continually weave through the crowd to find me. Our little house was packed. Later that evening, right on cue, Carter walked the length of our living room and back without stopping. He was so overstimulated that he walked all around the room, back and forth, until he was falling over from exhaustion. It was amazing watching him walk for real! What a perfect day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You went all out! I'm so impressed with the theme and food and decorations, etc. I barely even got Laura Kate's cake ordered for our little "party" with grandparents... He's a pro at walking, too! Those books you have all neatly arranged on that shelf will never be that way again. : )
ReplyDeleteMiss and love you!
~Brooke
Heather, your party looks great! Love the video of Carter walking! Wishing you could be with us in 12 days!!
ReplyDeleteMyra
Too precious!!!
ReplyDeleteSuch a cute idea! I love everything about his party!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic party! I love the green and red lanterns!
ReplyDeleteAdorable party! You did a great job! I can't believe he is 1! I am sure he had a great party and a wonderful birthday!
ReplyDelete