![]() |
Carter is babbling more than ever. He also tries to mimic sounds and actions. If I sigh, he will try to copy me. If I fake burp, he will try to make that same sound. The other day I combed his hair and then I gave it to him and he brushed his hair. The next day I gave him a spoon and he brushed his hair with that, too. He also signed the word "more". I was so excited that my attempt to teach signing seems to be working. Well actually he just did it one day and then stopped. Anyone else teach their baby to sign? When did they start doing it? Carter waves "Bye-Bye" consistently and that's about it, so far. Thank you Hannah for the DVD set, that has helped me to learn the signs, so I can teach Carter.
In other 11 months news, I can really see Carter's personality coming through. I used to categorize his behavior as just things all babies do, but lately I've realized that it's more an indicator of who he is. He is not shy at all; he loves to smile and engage people of all ages. On the playground, he likes to approach other kids and try to play with them. Carter is easy going, ready for any situation. He'd eat a frog if I offered it to him. Just as a test, we offered him raw onions and he ate them without making a face or anything. I hope that wasn't too cruel. He'll eat ethnic food and spicy food. I hope you are always this open-minded, Carter. You are just a fun, sweet boy!
So far I've dropped one feeding and he has taken to cow's milk like a champ. Today I'm dropping another one, so he'll be down to two feedings with me. I have to say, it's been a little hard. He seems to be a little sad, or maybe that's just me. Letting go is tough. Hello, independence! Next thing you know, he'll be driving. I'm just so happy that we've almost reached our goal of one year. I'd like to thank all those folks who made it possible, like Mila, who brought Carter to work everyday. And Blair, who always encouraged me, well almost always. It's not always easy to sit with the lady wearing the hooter hider :).
I love you Carter. You make everyday wonderful.
Love,
Mommy

Hard to believe he is almost a year old!
ReplyDeleteMy daughter is learning sign language with Rachel through "Signing Time" DVD's. She absolutely loves them and has well over 100 signs. It is fun to watch for you too. I started her at about 12 months old. The nice thing about it is, that you can choose how many signs to teach at one time and they show the written word as well.
ReplyDeleteClaudia