Usually, Blair and I don't make a big deal out of our anniversaries, but this year we decided we should try to make them more special. All week, Blair had been dropping hints that he was planning something. He kept saying, "Don't worry, I've got it all figured out." He's really good at putting fun plans together and surprising me. So Saturday morning, he tells me the first leg of our anniversary starts at 8:30 a.m. and that there is surprise for me in the fridge. The surprise was a Dr. Pepper, because they aren't easy to find in HK. Then he told me to open my gift, which was khaki shorts from Zara. At 8:30 am, we hopped on the bus to Shatin, but I had no idea what we're going to do there. Blair leads me to the Royal Park Hotel for a breakfast buffet. Nice! I think basically I just ate a whole pig, my plate was full of bacon. They had a pancake station with toppings including all kinds of yummy syrups. I made some cool designs on my plate and came back to the table with a challenge for Blair. "See if you can make a fancier design than I did." So Blair comes back with a plate that memorialized our anniversary with "6 yrs" written in syrup! How romantic... Afterwards, I felt entirely too full (sick) and didn't get hungry until like 10 hours later.
We went back home until our friends Brad and Emily showed up to babysit Carter. How sweet of them! This was our first date without Carter. As we left, I felt very light without a stroller, baby, and a diaper bag. Blair took me to Central and we had drinks and cheese on the roof of the IFC building. We then left to go to Soho in the Midlevels. We ate at the ZGrill, but I was not hungry at all. In fact, I felt a bit sick. Blair ordered the Surf-n-Turf and I just ate some of his. At 9:30 pm, my eyes started closing and my body was shutting down. Blair begged me to wake up, but after waking up at 7 am everyday, I'm just not used to staying up past 10 pm. As all the westerners filled the streets of Soho to begin their night, Blair and I started our long journey back to the countryside. We live over an hour from HK island and we often wonder if it's worth the trek to get there. Brad and Emily said Carter was a perfect, little angel. No crying fits or diaper explosions. He smiled, laughed, and slept right on cue. Thank God for 6 years of marriage and for this new stage in our lives. Even though, I know it's important to get out and have a life, the truth is, I'd prefer to be home with my family out here in the village. Thank you Blair for being so thoughtful and romantic! You are such a sweetheart.
Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a lovely day!
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary, Heather and Blair! As much as you enjoy Carter and want to be with him 24/7, it is important for you and Blair to enjoy each other too. Then, 34 years later, when you are empty nesters like we are, you will still love to have date nights and love to be with each 24/7!! Much love, Myra
ReplyDelete