Tuesday, August 23, 2011

5 months old


    Carter is definitely not a little guy anymore; he's 5 months old.  When I pick him up, he feels pretty heavy.  He's starting to look like a little boy, instead of tiny baby.  It's bittersweet, but he's so cute now.  We're figuring out his sense of humor, so he's starting to laugh a lot more often.  He likes you to tickle or blow zerberts on his belly, he likes to be turned upside down or thrown in the air, and he'll laugh if you make exaggerated faces or use funny voices.  This month has been truly wonderful.  Carter learned to roll over both ways, eat rice cereal, use a sippy cup, sleep without being swaddled, and pull his feet up and grab his toes.  His newest trick is to flap his arms when he's excited.  He does it so hard that he hits himself in the belly.  Now that he isn't swaddled anymore, it's fun to see him flap his arms when you get him up in the morning.  Every morning at 6:45 a.m., I'll hear the most hilarious sounds coming from his crib.  He doesn't start crying, he just talks to himself for awhile.  His sounds are so sweet, even when he squeals as loud as he can on the train, it's still so cute and funny.  I love how his squeals go from low to high and loud to quiet.  Yesterday a lady working in the mall told me, "if my little boy looked just like him, I would be so happy."  That was very nice, but since she in Chinese, I strongly doubt her baby would have blond hair and blue eyes.  You never know.
   In the states, I got an Ergo baby carrier and I love it!  Granted it's hotter than all get out, but it's so comfortable.  You get to hold your baby in a hug-like position in front of you.  Carter seems to really like it.  The only downside is when, like yesterday, your baby spits up all over you while he's in the carrier. Blair looks great wearing it, too :). 

No comments:

Post a Comment