Monday, May 23, 2011

2 months old

Dear Carter,
    Hey my little sweetie!  You are 2 months old today.  We're having so much fun getting to know you and seeing you develop your personality more and more everyday.  You have brought so much joy to us.  Each day is special because we get to spend it with you.  We can see many changes since you were born.  You wake up around 8 a.m. and start smiling and stretching right away.  Then you start making lots of new sounds.  You have the sweetest little voice, even when you cry.  You love to straighten your legs and try to stand up, but you're very wobbly.  It's hard to burp you, because you're always trying to stand up.  On your 2 month birthday, I decided to let you sleep as long as you could at night, and you slept 9 hours straight with no crying!  I was shocked, you're a very good sleeper at night and not so bad during the day.  Sometimes you wake up early from your afternoon naps or refuse to fall asleep for them, but that's not a big deal.  There are a few funny things about you, that I don't want to forget.  Your hands are always sticky, like a tree frog, so between your fingers you have tons of lint.  It cracks me up.  You've learned to grab things, like mommy's hair.  On two occasions, you figured out how to pinch me, because you were hungry.  It hurt, but it sure was cute.  You're getting better at entertaining yourself and learning how to calm yourself down when you wake up early.  Surprisingly, your love affair with the pacifier has seemed to come to an end.  Now, you only use it while we're out and at nap time you usually spit it out.  I spent so much time debating whether to let you use the paci, now I wish I would have relaxed a bit.  Bath time is so much fun, you really enjoy being in the water.  I can't wait to put you in the pool this summer.  You're gonna love the beach, too.  Next week, is your 2 month check-up and I think you might be 13 lbs. already.  You've become such a good eater this month and I'm really proud of you.  Mommy and Daddy are feeling much more confident being parents.  You make it easy!  We love taking care of you and can't imagine our life without you.
                                                                                                                 Love,
                                                                                                                 Mommy and Daddy

1 comment: