Sunday, May 15, 2011

New Apartment

 
              We were planning to stay in our 2 bedroom flat for another year, but the plans have suddenly changed.  Just 5 weeks before we come home for the summer, our landlord tells us she's raising the rent significantly.  We were bummed, because we want to save money and didn't want to bother with moving.  Our friends were moving to a village house and they told us there were other units available.  We thought why not take a look.  A village house is a 3 story building in a neighborhood and it's more like living in a house.  You can just rent one floor and it's about 800 square feet.  The benefits of living in a village house, instead of a high-rise, is you save money and you get more space.  Typically I'm anti-village because when I first worked in Hong Kong I lived in a village.  Geckos were all over my walls and would watch me sleep.  They would even jump in the shower with me.  This village house is only 2 years old and neighbors have reported very low gecko sightings.  Now having Carter, I know he will need more space to move around and places to put all his stuff.  I'm actually thrilled because we'll have 3 bedrooms and I can decorate a room for Carter!!  Finally!  I have so many ideas.  Also the village house is very dog friendly.  It's about 10 minutes farther from work, but with all the money I save, I can take taxis more often :).  In August, we'll be getting a helper and she will be living with us also.  After lots of thinking and praying, we decided to become village people.  There were many variables that had to line up to make this work out and of course, God handled every detail.  We move in May 25th and fly home June 1st, therefore we'll be running around like crazy with a baby in tow.  I'll post pictures once we get in the place.  Hopefully we'll have time to paint the walls, too.  I want the living room and Carter's room to be robin's egg blue and maybe green apple in the master bedroom and the kitchen.  Trust me, it will be awesome, you'll see.  Oh and we have a family from school staying there this summer to watch Asia for us and hold the fort down.  Please pray that we have an efficient move before we come home June 1st and that there are no hiccups at the airport (tickets, visas, layovers, etc.).  I can't put into words how excited I am to bring Carter home for the summer to meet his family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment