Happy 1 month birthday to my precious little boy! Time certainly does fly. My life has forever been changed for the better. At his 1 month check-up we learned that he was 10.6 lbs., which means he's a healthy boy! He's was 8.3 lbs. at birth. The doctor did some different tests and declared him "normal". He didn't tell me much else. Carter got his Hepatitis shot and barely cried at all, thanks to the pacifier.
I'm going to try to describe what I know about Carter after spending one month with him. He has grayish, blue eyes and blond hair. He's got daddy's chin, mouth, and cheeks. He has mommy's eyes and nose. I think he will look more like Blair, as he gets older. He is a really great sleeper and I have to wake him so he'll eat. I only wake him 1 time in the middle of the night to feed him. Sometimes he cries when we put him down to sleep and he'll usually calm himself down. He loves his pacifier, but we're already trying to cut back on using it. I can see how it can be a major crutch for parents. Carter smiles all the time, but I don't think he does it on purpose. He likes being swaddled and now that we bought a velcro swaddle blanket, he stays in it the whole nap. Carter is little bit ticklish on his feet and belly. He doesn't mind going out, even when it's noisy he'll sleep. We can take him anywhere, so far. He loves his stroller, swing, bouncy chair, carrier, and sitting in the boppy. Carter hates bath time. He always calms down when daddy holds him and he likes to make eye contact with him. He eats 7-8 times a day. I'm so shocked that I have an easy going baby, because Blair and I are so loud and dramatic. Of course, I fully expect Carter to reveal his real personality in the coming months. Thank you God for this first month with my sweet son. Every month we'll take a similar picture to show his growth in relation to the guitar. Daddy hopes Carter will rock out on this guitar one day. Mommy hopes just the opposite.
I love the picture! I can not believe Carter is already 1 month old! Happy 1 month Carter! Can't wait to meet you!!! Love, Lauren
ReplyDeleteHappy 1 month Birthday Carter!
ReplyDeleteLove it! So glad to hear about him (and how he is similar to Weston)! Love y'all!
ReplyDeleteGreat picture! Time flies, doesn't it? I cannot wait to meet him! I'm so happy that he is being easy for you! Enjoy it!
ReplyDelete~Brooke