Sunday, March 20, 2011

To my sweetie

Blair,
   Tomorrow is our first child's due date and before he arrives I want to tell you how much I love you.  I met you when I was just 15 years old and we've been together for 10 of those years.  It's hard to believe that it won't be just the two of us anymore.  We'll be mommy and daddy from now on.  When we dated in high school, there was no way I could see this far into the future and know what God had planned.  I'm so glad he brought us back together and decided to make you my husband.  You've been so sweet throughout these 9 months.  I know I was quite needy and emotional.  Thank you for the nightly leg massages, yummy cooking, listening to my crazy symptoms and complaints, coming to all the doctor appointments, cleaning, walking the dog, helping me sleep, and just being so supportive and sweet!  You made these 9 months manageable and of course, fun.  You always make me laugh and feel better.  Carter is a very lucky boy, because his daddy is the funniest man I know.  I can't wait to move into this stage of our lives together.  I'm thrilled to share this experience with you.  I'm so thankful God gave me a husband that accepts me just the way I am.  You've known me over half my life and it's an amazing feeling to be understood so completely by someone.  You make me feel totally accepted, no matter what I say or do, you love me unconditionally.  Blair, thank you for always being there for me.  Ready or not!  It's time now to become parents.  These will be the most challenging and rewarding years of our lives.  We're ready, with God's grace and direction, we'll learn how to be Godly parents.  I love you sweetie and I can't wait for you to be a daddy! 
Love,
Heather

1 comment:

  1. That was the most incredibly heartfelt and loving thing I've ever heard. Carter is so lucky to have you BOTH as parents. Good luck & Congratulations to the Phillips family!

    ReplyDelete