Sunday, March 20, 2011

40 Weeks Update

40 Weeks
     Hooray!  I've reached the end of my pregnancy.  I can't tell you how exciting that is.  I have a ticker on my blog that tells me how many days are left and it's very weird to see it say "0".  The first 6 months, I would say I loved being pregnant.  Starting around the 7th month, it became much harder due to a stabbing pain in my ribs, which is still going on.  That, more than anything, is what I'm looking forward to get rid of.  Well and the big belly, of course.  I'm full of excitement.  Everything is ready for Carter.  I'm certainly getting nervous about labor and delivery.  It's so unknown.  Everyone knows I'm probably the biggest medical wimp ever. I hate all things medical, even Grey's Anatomy.  I'm so scared of blood.  No turning back now!  I'm confident God won't give me more pain than I can handle (with an epidural).  What kind of faith is that?  I trust you God, but only with an epidural?!  I'm nervous that the epidural won't work or for some reason they won't be able to give me one.  I'm nervous about the recovery, too.  I'm also conflicted about when to agree to be induced, because I desperately want to go into labor naturally.  I've even resorted to walking on the treadmill to try and speed things up.  I think Asia knows something is up, because she has been particularly snuggly lately.  She's playing the part of my substitute baby. 
    With all of that said, it's all worth it, because I would do anything to meet Carter.  He's so present and active in my belly, but I have no idea what he looks like.  Blair and I are so curious.....  What color hair does he have?  Whose nose will he get? Will he be a big baby?  How on earth will we be as parents?  I know God has the perfect day and time picked out for Carter to join us, so I wait with anticipation.

7 comments:

  1. You guys are going to be AMAZING parents, and Carter's life will be full of wonderful adventure. You forget the pain and make it through the recovery easier than you think-- every time you see that precious baby, you just forget the hard times. I, too, had the stabbing rib pain (her foot under my rib) for about 4 months--- GRRR-- but it does away immediately. Can't WAIT to see pics of precious Carter.
    Praying for you and for a smooth, easy, epidural-working delivery!
    Amy Bowden

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know there are a few things I've heard can speed up the process. A couple that come to mind that I know of that aren't so bad. ;) Look into it. Can't wait to see Carter and praying for a safe, easy, smooth delivery & recovery for you! (and I don't think thats too much to ask! God knows!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, yay, yay! Can't wait to see lots of pictures!!!
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll do great, Heather! You'll never be prouder (more proud???) of another accomplishment. So many people are praying for you!

    I remember feeling just like you are now when I met (and then passed) my due date. Then, when I finally went into labor, I wished I had a "SLOW DOWN" button to push! It's all so surreal...

    I love you and wish you knew just how often I think about you!

    ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great Mommy and daddy you both will be. I'll be praying for you all. keep us posted!
    MAry Sims

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am tearing up reading this! How beautiful and sincere your anticipation is! Your life is about to totally change, but be better than you ever imagined! Speaking of, I hear my little baby boy crying for me! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to hear all about the birth and meet Carter. Bryan and I were just talking today about what babies might be born in Hong Kong while we are here in Cambodia. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all!

    ReplyDelete