Friday, February 25, 2011

36 Weeks Update- Whoa Mama!

   I'm 36 weeks and a few days, it's so weird that many women have their babies at this time.  It's a great feeling to know it could be anytime now.  I was anxious to talk with my doctor and get some clues as to how close I am.  Our appointment was yesterday and he did just an ultrasound.  He won't check how dilated I am, until later or when I start having some labor signs.  Too bad.  He did tell me that there are 5 stages of engagement in the birth canal and Carter is at the 2 1/2 level.  He's also in the correct position for labor.  That made me happy to know.  The biggest shocker came when I weighed in.  Usually I gain about 1-2 lbs. every 2 weeks, well in the past 2 weeks I've gained 6 lbs!  The only explanation is the baby is growing rapidly, because I certainly haven't been eating more.   As you can see from the belly shot, I'm much bumpier than before.  Now the total weight gain is 28 lbs.  Dr.Wong estimated that Carter is just over 6 lbs. and if he goes full term will be around 7 lbs.  I doubt that, my sister and I were both over 8 lbs.  For the 3rd time, Dr. Wong said our baby has a fat face.  I think in China that means "healthy face", either way, he's messing with the wrong lady.  Admittedly, his face does look rather round.
   I've started packing my hospital bag and our camera is charged.  I have one more week left at work and have to finish report cards in that time.  I've worked the past 3 weekends in a row, in order to earn more personal days, so I'm pretty worn out.  I'm enjoying waddling to and from work everyday, 30 min. each way, which I hope will speed things along.  I'm so excited because my school is throwing a shower for us next week.  My colleagues have been so kind and supportive this year and I feel beyond blessed to work with such sweet, Christian people.
  I'll keep you more updated now that I will be seeing the doctor every week.  Thanks for reading!

36 weeks
                                                       For comparison, here is 1 month ago..

32 weeks

4 comments:

  1. Have mercy! You look fabulous! I find it hard to believe you have gained 28 lbs. So excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look precious! These last four weeks is when I have a hard time remembering just how big I got! I want to meet Carter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous, girl. It doesn't look like you've dropped much yet, so you have a little while... Be prepared. When he does drop, you'll be able to breath better but have to pee constantly! : ) Can't wait to throw you a shower this summer. Praying for you, Blair, and Carter!
    Amy Bowden

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, you still look pretty small. You are a beautiful pregnant lady. I'll see you at your shower this week!

    ReplyDelete