I kept hearing pregnant people say they were going through a nesting phase and I was thinking, "that won't happen to me." Nesting means you start cleaning, organizing, and preparing your home for the baby. It's actually strange how it just hit me. For the past week, I've gone to sleep and woken up thinking about what area of my apartment I will organize today. Then I'll try to go back to sleep, but the thoughts and urge to organize is so strong, I have to get up and do it right then. I organized the office, dining area, bedroom, and all of Carter's stuff. Who knew, how much fun it could be! Yesterday, Blair caught the nesting bug and spent hours on a mission to find,
where does our dust originate from?? He searched high and low and determined the filter on the dehumidifier was the source. He spent an hour cleaning it with a toothbrush. I told him I didn't think a dehumidifier produces dust, so he kept searching. Finally, as much as we claimed, our dog doesn't shed, Blair thinks she's a large contributor to the dust and fuzz problem. Asia is getting a nice haircut on Monday!
Also, I've been obsessed over finding the perfect stroller. I think we've decided on the Maclaren Quest, in grey. It's really light-weight and has a strong frame. We've had a few heated discussions in the baby store to reach this agreement. Blair was driving me crazy because he kept saying, "I'm sure there are more stores in Hong Kong to look at, we'll just keep looking." I'm thinking, "My feet and back can't handle anymore looking around, just make a friggin' decision!" I even couldn't sleep one night because I was thinking about a stroller, I only slept 3 hours that night. Who am I??
This must be the most exciting post I've ever written, sorry. It's more for documenting the phases of my pregnancy.
 |
| 33 weeks |
Gorgeous MOMMA!!!
ReplyDeleteI went through the SAME thing with the stroller. I obsessed about it early on, even buying one at 15 weeks pregnant, hating it two days later, and returning it. Then I procrastinated about it and put off buying one until 9 days before he was born! Haha!
ReplyDeleteYou crack me up! I can't picture you running around cleaning and actually getting out of bed to do it. :) If you run out of things to do in Hong Kong- come on over. You look beautiful. I am so excited for you both. Love- Nicole
ReplyDeleteYou think you are out of "normal" now... just wait. This baby is going to forever change you-- but in the best ways possible. : ) You look gorgeous. So happy for you both. Can't wait to meet your angel this summer.
ReplyDeleteAmy
Hope you're enjoying your CNY holidays. From Renee
ReplyDeletehttp://nestinginskyscrapers.blogspot.com/