My sweet little girl is 1 month old today! I'm sad to see her getting bigger and growing out of her clothes already. This could be my last little newborn and I don't want to see this stage pass so fast. I was shocked to find out she's 9 lbs. 5 oz., when she only weighed 6 lbs. 14 oz. at birth. That takes the pressure off me, knowing that she is getting plenty to eat. It's no surprise since she nurses for 30-45 min. every 3 hours around the clock. At night, she will have one 4 hour stretch, so that mommy can sleep. For the first few weeks, Macy had her days and nights mixed up, but now she is much more alert during the day. We love seeing her bright blue eyes for a change. Nights are pretty difficult for us because she will get really uncomfortable from gas and nothing we do can help her. She will cry, claw, and kick with all her might; she even pulls my hair when she's really mad. It's incredible how strong she is. We got some gas drops that seem to be helping. The good news is, Macy is not a spitter. Carter would change outfits 5 times a day because he spit up every time he ate. My friend says, they're either a spitter or a farter. I think it's true, because our little lady will let one rip.
Life has been crazier than I could have comprehended. No one can prepare you for life with 2 kids under the age of 2. Granted I have more help than most people, but somehow I still seem frazzled and unable to complete a task, other than nursing and diaper changes. Writing this blog post alone, took incredible sacrifice and focus. I have the utmost respect for all you moms who stay at home, more than ever, I see how miraculous you are! Just being Macy's personal bodyguard takes all my time and I still slipped enough to let Carter throw an airplane at her head. His favorite thing to do is poke her directly in the eye. So the times of placing her in the bouncy chair or on the tummy time mat are few and far between. Another big difference is not being able to nap when the baby naps, like I did with Carter. I haven't napped since I was pregnant. Parents of more than 2 kids, you are exceptionally amazing!
Sweet Macy, we absolutely love you and can't wait to see your personality develop. You are beautiful and perfect! In 2 weeks, you'll get to meet all your grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins in America. We can't wait for them to meet you.
And now we present our daughter, the head band model....

beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful girl! I cannot wait to meet her! xoxo
ReplyDeleteShe is precious, Heather!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful blog as usual and obviously precious little girl. You are amazing Heather, taking care of both little ones and still being able to write such lovely blog. Love xx. Martha.
ReplyDelete