Friday, December 23, 2011

9 Months Old




      Since I've been off work for the holidays, I've really been able to see Carter develop and learn so much just in the span of a week.  He is 9 months old and has never been more fun.  I can't believe the changes and how fast they happen.  The biggest accomplishment is that Carter can stand by himself now.  Once he gets his balance he smiles so big and laughs.  It's weird how much pride I feel when I see him learn something new like that.  He also cruises around the couch and coffee table a little bit.  Mostly he'll just stand there holding on to the furniture.  We finally lowered his crib so that he won't try to escape.


    Carter has started impersonating Stevie Wonder.  If we turn our head from right to left Carter will copy us.  It's hysterical!  I feel like my sister when she trains sea lions to do silly tricks.  Listen carefully to hear me snort with laughter.

    The crawling is still too tricky for little stinky.  He gets in position from sitting, but his legs always slide out from under him.  Does anyone think he'll walk first?  I think so.  He's started babbling more with a wider range of sounds.  He's got the vowels and b, d, m, y, and r sounds.  If he drops a toy, I say "uh-oh" and he'll repeat the "uh" part.  Still saying mama and dada randomly.  He has started finding certain behaviors funny and laughing pretty hard, like when I fling my hair forward and back like a headbanger.  He's crazy over peek-a-boo and that usually gets some laughs.  He likes being tickled and when you pretend to eat his fingers or feet.  At his last immunization appointment he weighed 20 lbs. and when he got his shot he didn't even make a peep.  What a tough dude!  I think that about sums up his latest developments.  
9 Months In
9 Months Out



    

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe how much he is growing, Heather! He is darling. I know you and Blair are enjoying him so....Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Carter bug. You are the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete