Sunday, October 23, 2011

7 Months Old

Dear Carter,

    Each month with you is even more fun than the last.  Your face lights up the whole room.  You are already 7 months old, can you please slow down!  I'm not ready for you to stop being a little baby.  This past month you've made it hard to eat out.  You can grab anything you set your mind to, which makes it very hard to take our eyes off you.  You even throw little tantrums when you can't have our cell phone or camera.  I'm torn because I want to give you everything you want and I can see how badly you want Daddy's iphone.  You start breathing heavy when you get close to it and when you manage to grab it, you're so happy.  I see now why all these toddlers have ipads and iphones on the train. 
    I'm so proud of you for being an adventerous eater.  You will try anything and usually you love it.  You have inspired me to eat more leafy greens.  You've eaten more spinach and green beans than I have in my whole life.  I hope you continue being this open-minded to food.  You even tried your first finger food and chewed it up with no problems. 
   You have started laughing more frequently and babbling.  This week, you have been saying, "Mama mama."  I've never heard a sweeter sound.  You'll repeat it after me and you will say it when you wake up.  You don't know you're saying my name yet, but it still makes me so happy. 
   Also you learned to bounce!  You just started doing it when I would hold you in a standing position.  I thought you must be ready to do your Johnny Jump Up and sure enough you know how to get it going now.  You really like it. 
   I've been trying to teach you some sign language and this month you learned to wave "bye-bye".  It takes you a few minutes of watching us and then your little hand will float up and start opening and closing.  I couldn't believe it the first time I saw you do it.  You are so smart!
  You haven't gotten any teeth yet and you aren't crawling, but I can feel a breakthrough coming soon.  Daddy and I love you more than you could ever imagine. 

                                                                                                                                    Love,

Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment