Wednesday, September 28, 2011

6 months post partum

       It's been 6 months since that traumatic, glorious day when my little guy was born.  I wanted to document my journey, so I can look back one day.  My recovery was very fast after having Carter, but I'm still not back to my old self completely.  I'm the new and improved me, with an appetite like Takeru Kobayashi, the competitive hot dog eating champion.  It's all because of nursing, which doesn't explain my eating up until Carter.  I'm burning 500 calories a day, is that per feeding?, I wish!  Seriously, I think I'm always hungry, especially for sweets.  Please pray for my addiction to sweets (I'm eating cookie dough as I type).  Blair's concerned about me.   :)  That being said, I'm still 7 pounds over my pre-pregnancy weight.  My tummy may never look the same, but I'm ok with that.  I read that my hair would fall out more than usual and boy does it ever.  I can't believe how much hair I shed everyday.  I hope it stops soon.  Maybe due to my lack of exercise and addiction to sweets, I still struggle when walking upstairs and hills, like I did when I was pregnant.  I feel so out of shape, huffing and puffing up the stairs.  The one work out I do is picking up Carter all day, he has got to be over 20 pounds now.  He's packing on the pounds now that he's eating solids.  Also, it's a blessing in disguise that my school has 7 floors and I'm on level 6; I'm up and down those stairs all day long.  I also walk to work everyday (and taxi it home).  God helps me out by making some exercise unavoidable.  Other than that, I feel great, full of energy, and getting by just fine with work.  To be honest, I can't wait to go through the whole experience all over again.  Isn't funny how you completely forget 9 months of crazy symptoms, followed by the scariest medical event of your life, and then look forward to going through it all again?  I find that very interesting and I'm glad that you only remember the best details when you look back.   

1 comment:

  1. Haha! You crack me up! I have an addiction to sweets too. I just exercise them off as best I can! Cookie dough...yum.

    ReplyDelete