Precious Carter is now 6 months old! What a difference each month makes. I went to visit a friend's newborn baby yesterday and I couldn't believe how much bigger Carter looked compared to him. Carter looks so much sturdier these days. He can sit up on his own now, which gives us a little more versatility with what toys he can use and it's easier to feed him. Little by little we've worked up to eating 3 solid meals a day. I kinda cheated and gave him blended foods earlier than suggested. Well that didn't matter to Carter, he'll eat whatever I offer, with one exception. After 5 bites of a spinach and apple mix, he tightened his lips, turned red, and started grunting loudly. I took that as a sign that he was done. Of course, I would not waste all that spinach baby food I bought, so we mixed it with some other flavors and then he woofed it down. (TMI alert) With all these new foods, Carter's diapers have become absolutely disgusting. They barely even smelled before. That is one good thing about being at work, I miss some of the diaper changing. It's like russian roulette, who will get the nasty diaper. I'm sorry to share such horrible details with you.
Children must instinctively know if something is expensive, because Carter lunges for cell phones, computers, remotes, and cameras. He is passed the out of sight, out of mind phase. He will continue looking around and throwing a fit, even after you take the object away. He also shows a big interest in our food and drinks now. We have to push everything at least 2 feet away from him. This week, he pulled an electrical cord until our lamp fell off the bookshelf and broke. Whoops! We're so used to him being immobile.
Carter can only scoot or shimmy if he's on a cushy surface. On the tile floor, he can't manage to scoot. He's yet to get up on his hands and knees. I'm not overly anxious for him to start crawling. I like being able to take my eyes off of him for a few minutes.
On September 9th, life got much better because our helper, Mila started. She worked for another family at my school for 16 years. She is such a God send. Carter loves her and I feel so comfortable leaving him with her each day. Asia is thrilled to death to have someone give her some more attention. Everyday she brings Carter to school at lunch time, so I can feed him. Hallelujah, no more pumping!


No comments:
Post a Comment