Sunday, November 14, 2010

22 Weeks Update- Fetal Scan

       Yesterday we had our fetal scan appointment with a different doctor than our regular one.  The purpose of the scan is to take an in depth look at every part of the baby's body and determine if there are any abnormalities.  When I woke up, I was so excited to see the baby, but at the same time Blair and I knew there was potential to hear news that could change our lives forever.  I prayed for a healthy baby and to hear good news at the appointment.
        The doctor first looked at the heart and told us exactly what we were seeing, the different chambers, valves, arteries, etc.  It was incredible seeing the heart pumping blood in and out.  Then he showed us the lungs, liver, stomach, intestines, and so on... After looking closely at each area he would report the baby was "normal".  We held our breath and watched in awe as we witnessed God's creation and design.  It was unbelievable and I couldn't help but cry.  The highlights were seeing the baby's face much better than we have before and getting a good look at the hands and feet.  Again, we were able to see the little man parts.  I felt a little embarrassed for our lil' guy, as we waited for him to spread his legs.  Sure enough, he cooperated and we got a clear picture of the area.  Blair thinks that picture is too personal to post on our blog, so I can email it to you, if you'd like to see :)  I know you're just dying to see my kid's parts!  All in all, it took about 25 minutes and the doctor declared there were no abnormalities found!!  Praise God!  Also, according to his measurements, my due date could be a week earlier.  My original date was March 21st, but he says it could be around March 15th.  I would love for him to come earlier, so I can spend more time with him before I go back to work in August.  My next appointment is Dec. 1st.
Sweet profile of our boy.

The nose and lips

Tiny, little foot

The hand

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Heather! Congrats. I am so excited you're little boy will be here in March. I know you are excited and filled with joy... but as much as you are like that now, just wait. It gets even BETTER. I have loved literally every single second of being a mother, even the dirty diapers and long stretches with little sleep... it's so worth it. I look forward to doing a shower for you and your little man when you get home for the summer. Can't wait to meet him!!!! SO happy for you and Blair.
    Many prayers!
    Miss you-
    Amy Bowden

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you both. This is such a magical time - to be followed by even more miracles! Love your keeping us in the loop! ♥♥♥
    Mugsy aka Marguerite

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost cried while reading this. So precious! Praise the Lord for a healthy baby.
    For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made." Ps 139:13-14

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh, I just love him so much already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little miracle! SO HAPPY for you, Heather! I love the updates and pictures. We all wish you were closer, but you're great about involving your friends and family from far away. Love you and the little one, too!

    ~Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet little face!!! And I LOVE the widdle foot! SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. AWWW!What precious pictures! Miles can't wait to meet his BFF this summer!! :)

    ReplyDelete