Our 20 week appointment was awesome, minus waiting 3 hours due to an emergency C-section. We had dinner and came back to the hospital, so it was ok. Anyways, on the ultrasound we could see the baby kicking and the heart beating. We even saw more than we bargained for. As you know, we wanted to wait and not find out the gender. That didn't stop us from looking very intently. As the doc, scrolled past the "area", clear as day, there IT was. Blair yells out, "I saw it!! I know what it is!" For some reason, I still wasn't convinced, so I asked the doctor not to confirm what Blair was 99% sure of. When we got home I decided we should open the envelope, containing the baby's gender, because it wasn't fair for Blair to know for sure and for me to still be doubting. We cue the video camera and open the envelope. On the paper, written in Chinese is the answer, but on the back the doctor wrote in English, "male."
Our baby boy was ready to reveal himself and I'm thrilled to know. I certainly know nothing about boys, but God has planned this all out. Everyone keeps telling me how much boys love their mommas! Not to mention, I won't have to pay for his wedding in 20-30 years. Although, I guess I might have to change my stance on football, no more doing my nails and reading magazines during the game. Blair is beside himself, he keeps talking about teaching him guitar, fishing, and all you ever wanted to know about the Crimson Tide Football Team. We haven't decided on a name yet. I'll keep you posted. Without out further ado here's the belly in progress.
 |
| 12 weeks |
 |
| 16 weeks |
 |
| 20 weeks |
The doctor didn't take any good photos because he was in such a hurry, so I will post more ultrasound pics later. I have another appointment for my fetal scan in a week.
Yay!! And I just have to say a little 'I knew it'!!!! Congrats you two!!
ReplyDeleteGirl, you are still so tiny! Your baby bump looks how mine did at about 12 weeks-ha! Congratulations!!! You really will love having a boy! I wouldn't trade mine for the world!
ReplyDeleteLike the photo. Bought 4 pairs of darling pajamas size 9 mos. and 12 mos. I forgot what sizes you wanted. Anyway, they are pajamas, but they look like little outfits and they are mix and match. So cute.
ReplyDelete