I'm always the trip planner and I take pride in researching the location, tours, food, exchange rates, and hotels and finding the BEST price. In order to do so, I had to put myself on a different flight and Blair and his mom had to fly out at 00:30 o' clock (whatever that means). I marked my calendar and counted down til our trip. The day before I printed off our e-tickets; as I double checked them I almost died. Somehow the date on my e-ticket was today, not tomorrow, like it said on my handy calendar. Completely in disbelief, I told Blair that I missed my flight and I would have to fly stand-by (even though all the flights were completely full). I threw my stuff in a suitcase and hurried to the airport bus. On my way, Blair calls and says, after looking at their e-tickets, he realized they too had missed their flights. STRESS! I was so embarrassed. There was no way the 3 of us could fly stand-by, so thankfully China Airlines refunded our tickets. Too bad, the same can't be said for Hsuanmei Beauty Hotel in Taipei (don't ever give them business!). We booked through Expedia and neither they or the hotel will give us an answer on refunding our money, $600 USD. We are going to attempt to dispute the charge, considering we never stepped foot in the country. All said and done, my super cheap trip has cost me a pretty penny and taught me an important lesson. Check my calendar to make sure I've written the correct date down and also don't be the only person that has seen the itinerary. My sweet husband and mother-in-law were so kind and they weren't mad at all. We enjoyed seeing Hong Kong instead. That was the first time I had ever missed a flight and hopefully it will be the last.
With love,Heather
Easy mistake to make. Glad you found things to do in Hong Kong.
ReplyDeleteThat sux! Just don't do that when you fly home!
ReplyDelete