Monday, April 12, 2010

Killing Me Softly

My husband had a guitar when we lived in Florida and he never even touched it or knew how to play it much. Before we moved overseas, he sold it. When we arrived in HK, my friend Tim left a guitar in our apartment. Blair decided to pick it up and play it a little. Somehow this ignited some passion to learn how to play guitar. Since August, Blair has taught himself tons of heavy metal songs (riffs) and managed to develop his own "sound" (sarcasm). He even bought an electric guitar, as seen above. All he wants to do is practice, much to my disapproval, considering our 550 sq. ft apartment with only 1 bedroom to hide in. He plucks day and night, and the instant he touches that thing I get a headache. All the neighbors celebrated, when Blair got a gigantic, new amp. As I type, Blair is awaiting the delivery of his 2nd electric guitar, as seen below. He even set out his amp, pedals, and cords in a tidy little row, in anticipation of his new guitar coming. He's so cute and I really am happy he has a hobby he loves. TOO BAD, I LOATHE IT!!!
Notice the bottle caps nailed to the guitar and the burnt sides, that's custom, baby!
With ears plugged,
heather

1 comment:

  1. Heather and Blair,

    Finally read your blog! Great stuff. Just wanted to say that maybe I'm glad I live on the other wing? When Blair gets really good, I want to become a groupie, though!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete