Monday, August 3, 2009

First Week in Our New Home

A Few Pics of Our First Week
Our Apartment Building (I wish)

Wittle Blair in his wittle chair

Resorts on the Beach

We met him while walking in the city

Downtown Hong Kong

We have seen so much already and it's only been a week! Blair is loving it. When he saw the view of the skyline, he literally was speechless. That's very rare! He is adjusting so well. His main complaint, which is totally ridiculous, is that restaurants cook with dark meat chicken. He only likes white meat. So he is claiming that he hasn't been full since we left Florida. Other than that, our apartment is extremely nice and fully furnished with great stuff. We have plenty of space. We just got internet and cell phones, so now we feel better connected. I have been at school each day going to meetings and at night Blair and I explore. Hong Kong has grown since I left 5 years ago, but all my favorite spots are still here. There are the same restaurants that I loved. I have seen both my old roommates Hannah and Athania. Many of the teachers I used to work with are still here. My school really is like a family and I feel so blessed to be here. It turns out that they only hired 2 teachers in the elementary this year, and I was one of them. It really is evidence of God's perfect timing! They had a 4th grade teacher back out, at the same time I was asking about a job here. I know we made the right decision to come here. We are so excited about this opportunity. Miss you all and love you!
Heather and Blair : )

9 comments:

  1. So excited to see y'all made it there safely and are enjoying it! Please make sure you keep this blog up to date with all y'alls adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to read this update! Glad you guys are settling in--can't wait to read more updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and I love the new header pic with both of you in it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yea! So happy for the update. Cracking up at Blair in that chair and the fact that he says he hasn't been full the whole time. Ha! I'm so glad you are having a great time and getting everything settled! I can't believe you are really there! Keep us posted. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting! I'm glad ya'll made it there and are getting settled! I am glad you have a blog to keep us updated on all the fun things you are doing over there!
    Mallory Congleton

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to hear! Thanks for updating us and I will try to remember to check back. I am very happy for you, Heather.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so glad you two settled in so quickly! Thanks for keeping us updated! We are looking forward to hearing about all of your exciting adventures! We miss you already!
    Love, Lauren, Max, Miles & Poppy
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so proud of you for treating your friends to TWO updates--Facebook and a blog post! I'm impressed. Your friends love you and miss you and want to see what you are doing on the other side of the world. Keep it up!

    (Blair and I once had a long conversation about his aversion to rib meat in chicken, so I am not surprised to hear that he is upset about it. Find that boy some white meat!!!)

    Love y'all,
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lauren told me about your blog and I had so much fun reading it! I miss ya'll but I'm so glad to hear everything is going well in Hong Kong. Blair, Jim completely understands about the chicken thing- not that I support him in this! :) Jim's mom is going to be in Hong Kong from the end of Feb to the end of march judging a music competition. I may fly over there for my Spring Break the last week of March if that works out for ya'll! :)

    Keep in Touch,

    Nicole & Jim

    ReplyDelete