Friday, April 6, 2012

Carter's 1st Trip to Disneyland

          I always told myself I would never bring my kids to Disney before they were old enough to remember it.  As a parent, you quickly learn how to eat your words.  Since we have a Disneyland so close, we couldn't resist the urge to take Carter.  I remember going to Disneyland in California when I was little.  I told Blair I had to get a hat for Carter, with his name monogrammed on the back, because I got one when I was a kid.  We went with Tom, Kathie, and Baby Oakley.  Ahead of time, I researched which rides were appropriate for babies, so that I would be prepared.  Carter rode the River Boat Cruise, Orbitron, It's a Small World, saw the parade and The Golden Mickeys Show, and met Mickey himself.  The adults rode Space Mountain and the new Toy Story ride called the RC Racer.  I had my heart set on letting Carter ride Dumbo, but the line was always so long, therefore we just took a pic with Dumbo.  His favorite ride was It's a Small World.  He loved to look at the different characters and listen to the music.  He only had one meltdown, when mom and dad went on a ride and left him with Kathie.  I think he thought we abandoned him.  Even though he won't remember his first trip to Disney, we've got lots of pics to show him how much fun he had.










1 comment:

  1. these pictures are so cute! carter is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete